Thermal Insulation of Buildings
Thermal insulation in buildings essentially provides a “protective envelope” that reduces heat transfer to and from the interior. In winter the rate at which heat is lost from the interior is reduced and in summer the rate at which heat enters is reduced.
Good thermal insulation should ensure the following
- Hygienic, comfortable and pleasant living inside the house – building, so that the temperature of the human body is not disturbed.
- Limitation of the cost of thermal installation or air conditioning.
- Protection from noise
- Economy in energy consumption due to reduction of losses.
- Reduction of energy consumption and limitation of emitted pollutants with respect to the environment.
The criteria taken into account for the selection of thermal insulation materials are:
Α. Thermotechnical Characteristics
- The value of the coefficient of thermal conductivity λ.
- The dependence of λ on humidity. The value of λ increases significantly with the condensation of water vapour within the mass of the thermal insulation and if the entire mass is wetted then there is no longer any thermal insulation effect (a major disadvantage of rock wool, glass wool and any non-hydrophobic material).
- The specific heat
The thermal conductivity coefficient of BRONYA products (λ=0,001 W/mC) reduces the thermal permeability of building elements. The waterproofing effect acts as a shield from moisture, so that the thermal conductivity coefficient is not affected.
Β. Method of Implementation
- Protective measures required
- Possibility of control during construction
Our authorized and highly trained crews guarantee the excellent result as well as compliance with safety rules during the work. The application of thermal insulation is controlled from the beginning to its completion.
C. Chemical behaviour – resistance
- Resistance to corrosion, micro-organisms, insects, etc.
- Behaviour to moisture (any change in dimensions, permeability to water vapour, water absorbency).
- Behaviour in fire and maximum permissible operating – application temperatures.
- Degree of sensitivity to ultraviolet radiation.
The anti-moisture action of BRONYA products keeps the surface unchanged from microorganisms and alterations. The moisture-insulating capacity forms an umbrella against rainwater and other water vapour generation factors. There are non-flammable types. The operating range in temperatures is from -60 C to 240 C. It provides protection against ultraviolet radiation by reflecting up to 98%.
- Implementation costs (labour & materials).
- Payback time of expenditure.
- Percentage of value added to the whole construction.
Cases of building shell insulation
Thermal insulation of external masonry
THERMAL INSULATION OF BUILDINGS (RESIDENTIAL & INDUSTRIAL PREMISES)It is carried out either on the internal surface or on the external surface depending on the needs of the case. On the external surface, the structural materials of the walls are protected from contraction and expansion due to external temperature changes. The heat is retained in the room even after the heating has stopped due to the thermal capacity of the building elements and protection against weather conditions is provided. The architectural character of the building is preserved. On the internal surface we have direct performance of the heating/cooling system.
Thermal insulation of roofs, sloping and non-sloped
THERMAL INSULATION OF BUILDINGS (RESIDENTIAL & INDUSTRIAL PREMISES) The same applies as for external masonry.If applied to the external surface (e.g. roof, roof), a waterproofing is also provided. Because heat moves upwards, this type of insulation is necessary because this is where the greatest losses occur. In this way, temperature uniformity is achieved throughout the entire interior volume of the building.
Cases of plate insulation for utilization of underfloor heating
THERMAL INSULATION OF BUILDINGS (RESIDENTIAL & INDUSTRIAL PREMISES) In this case we aim to upgrade our residence. We proceed to exploit the maximum efficiency of underfloor heating.Before the installation, we can insulate the slab with one of BRONYA’s ceramic products (ask us for the choice of the most suitable type). This will have the effect of reflecting the heat generated by the underfloor installation upwards and annihilating its losses downwards. In combination with the external thermal insulation of the masonry and the thermal insulation of the roof, we can talk about an excellent shielding of the house – building, which means that the most stringent energy efficiency standards can be met.
With the scientific approach (thermography) and the analysis of your needs, we come up with the most ideal type for you from our products in order to achieve the best result, with every environmental awareness.
Do you have an idea you want to implement?
Our highly qualified staff is at your disposal to listen attentively and give due importance to your needs and wishes.